Shrimp and Corn Cakes with Heirloom Tomato Salsa from Cooking Light
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/2 cup(s) red onion diced
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh cilantro chopped
- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) ground red pepper
- 1 1/2 pound(s) mixed heirloom tomatoes seeded & chopped
- 1 serrano chile seeded & minced
- 1.5 ounce(s) masa harina (about 1/3 cup)
- 1.5 ounce(s) all-purpose flour (about 1/3 cup)
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cup(s) fresh corn kernels divided (about 4 large ears)
- 1 tablespoon(s) low-fat buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon(s) lemon rind grated
- 2 teaspoon(s) hot sauce
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup(s) chopped red bell pepper
- 12 ounce(s) peeled & deveined shrimp chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- 2 clove(s) garlic minced
- 3 tablespoon(s) canola oil divided
- 1. Combine first 8 ingredients; set aside.
- 2. Weigh or lightly spoon flours into measuring cups. Combine flours, baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt and black pepper in a bowl.
- 3. Place 1 1/2 cups corn and next 4 ingredients (through egg) in the bowl of a food processor; process until smooth. Combine pureed corn mixture, remaining 1 1/2 cups corn, bell pepper, shrimp, green onions and garlic in a large bowl. Add flour mixture, stirring gently until moist.
- 4. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add 4 (1/4 cup) batter mounds to the pan, pressing each with the back of a spatula to slightly flatten; cook for 3 minutes on each side or until golden and thoroughly cooked. Remove from pan; keep warm. Repeat procedure twice with remaining 2 tablespoons of oil and batter. Serve with salsa.
- CALORIES: 285 FAT: 10.2g (sat:1.1g, mono:5.3g, poly:3.2g) PROTEIN: 17.9g CARB: 33.4g FIBER: 5g CHOL: 116mg IRON: 3.2mg SODIUM: 466mg
- CALC: 112mg
This recipe is a personal recipe added by marybillingsley and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Shrimp and Corn Cakes with Heirloom Tomato Salsa from Cooking Light Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes