Shrimp and Coconut Curry with Green Beans
Community Recipe from
- 1 pound(s) Green beans
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 lemongrass stalks
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2/3 cup shallots, chopped
- 1/2 medium jalapeño chile, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons Indian curry powder
- 1 tablespoon peeled fresh ginger, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped, plus sliced leaves for garnish
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups canned unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 1/2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled, deveined
- Lime wedges
- Cook green beans in large pot of boiling salted water until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Drain.
- Cut 2 inches from bottom of each lemongrass stalk; discard tops. Thinly slice bottom pieces; place in processor. Add next 5 ingredients, chopped basil, and 1/4 cup water. Blend until paste forms.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add curry paste; cook, stirring often, until dry, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in coconut milk; bring to simmer. Add shrimp; reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until shrimp are just opaque in center, about 5 minutes. Add green beans; stir to heat through. Season curry with salt and pepper.
- Transfer 2 cups curry to bowl; cover, chill, and reserve for quesadillas. Transfer remaining curry to serving bowl; garnish with basil. Serve with lime wedges.
- Coconut Cilantro Lime Rice
- 2 cups jasmine rice
- 3 cups water
- 3 tablespoons canned unsweetened coconut milk
- Pinch salt
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
- Rinse and drain rice.
- Combine rice, water, coconut milk and salt in a large saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and let simmer until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Let rice stand, covered, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add lime and cilantro to rice, stir well. Season with salt and serve.
- Mango, Apple & Orange Chutney
- 1/2 mango, chopped
- 1 1/2 navel oranges
- 1 Golden Delicious apple, peeled, cored, cut into 1/3-inch cubes
- 1/2 red onion, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon seeded jalapeño chile, chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar or honey
- 1 teaspoon (generous) garam masala
- 1 teaspoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- Cut all peel and white pith from oranges, following contour of fruit. Cut segments into 1/3-inch cubes; place in medium bowl. Add all remaining ingredients; toss to blend. Season to taste with salt. Can be made 8 hours ahead. Cover and chill.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by EleanorCook and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Shrimp and Coconut Curry with Green Beans Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes