Shrimp and Chorizo Pasta with Roasted Garlic
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 bulb(s) Fresh Whole Garlic
- 1 piece(s) Chorizo Sausage (or similar) sliced
- 2 Tomatoes chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) Brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon(s) tomato paste
- pinch(s) Cayenne Pepper
- 2 dash(es) Red Wine Rather a glug
- 1 tablespoon(s) butter
- 5 Green Scallions, small sliced
- 1 tablespoon(s) Olive Oil
- Freshly Ground salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tub(s) Creme Fraiche or Sour Cream
- 11 ounce(s) Large Shrimp Peeled and cooked
- sprig(s) Fresh Cilantro
- 14 ounce(s) Tagliatelle/ Fettucine (Preferably Fresh)
- Slowly roast the garlic in their skins with some olive oil at 320F. Peel once they start going brown and caramelized. Set aside.
- Cook the chorizo in a small pot, in a bit of oil until slightly crispy.
- Add the chopped tomatoes (with the juices), tomato paste, cayenne pepper and sugar. Cayenne pepper amount can be adjusted to preference of heat. Just remember that the sausage is also spicy, so make sure you taste it in between.
- Put one of the glugs of wine in your mouth and the other in the pot.
- Cook until reduced to a thick sauce and set aside.
- In a separate hot frying pan, add the butter with some olive oil (to prevent burning) and Scallions
- Cook until soft and add shrimp and seasoning.
- Add creme fraiche and stir through.
- Add tomato and chorizo sauce to this, along with the roasted garlic. Mix well and gently mix through cooked pasta. Using fresh pasta makes the dish outstanding.
- Just before serving, top with a handful of fresh cilantro.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Kimlovestocook and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note