Shrimp and Butternut Squash in Coconut Milk Broth
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3/4 cup(s) fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1.5 teaspoon(s) brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- 2 teaspoon(s) tomato paste
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (14-oz) can light coconut milk
- 2 cup(s) butternut squash cubed and peeled (3/4-inch)
- 1 cup(s) julienne-cut red bell pepper (1 x 1/4-inch)
- 1 pound(s) large shrimp, peeled, deveined, and halved lengthwise
- 2 cup(s) hot cooked basmati rice
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoon(s) freshly minced cilantro
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a large saucepan, stirring with a whisk. Stir in squash and bell pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes or until squash is just tender.
- Stir in shrimp; bring to a boil. Cook 1 minute or until shrimp are done, stirring occasionally. Stir in rice, lime juice, and cilantro.
- Servings/Serving Size: Yield: 4 servings (serving size: about 1 3/4 cups).
- Nutrition Facts (per Serving):
- 294 calories; 41.8 g carbohydrates; 135 mg cholesterol; 6.1 g fat; 848 mg sodium; 18.5 g protein; 0 mg calcium; 4.6 mg iron; 3.9 g fiber
This recipe is a personal recipe added by 8stringfan and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Shrimp and Butternut Squash in Coconut Milk Broth Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes