Love this spread! Great for parties.
Shrimp-and-Blue Cheese Spread
Make a creamy dip by adding a mixture of blue cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, and cream cheese to chopped fresh shrimp. Serve with an assortment of fresh veggies and baguette slices.
More From Southern Living
Other: 4 Hours, 15 Minutes
- 2 1/2 pounds unpeeled, large raw shrimp (21/25 count)*
- 1/4 cup diced sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Assorted fresh vegetables
- French bread baguette slices
- 1. Peel shrimp; devein, if desired.
- 2. Sauté onion in hot oil in a skillet over medium-high heat 3 minutes or until onion is tender. Stir in shrimp, and cook, stirring occasionally, 3 to 4 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink. Transfer to a bowl, and let stand 15 minutes. Chop shrimp, and return to bowl.
- 3. Stir in cream cheese and next 10 ingredients. Cover and chill 4 hours. Store in an airtight container up to 2 days. Serve with vegetables and bread slices.
- *2 1/2 lb. frozen unpeeled, large raw shrimp (21/25), thawed according to package directions, may be substituted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note