Shrimp and Avocado Salad with Crispy Tortillas
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 6 corn tortillas sliced into strips
- 5 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) salt (divided)
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1 1/2 pound(s) large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1/2 tablespoon(s) cumin ground
- 2 tablespoon(s) orange juice fresh
- 2 tablespoon(s) lime juice fresh
- 5 cup(s) romaine hearts (about 2) thinly sliced
- 3 cup(s) about 1/4 small cabbage thinly sliced
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1/4 cup(s) pepitas (hulled pumpkin seeds) roasted
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss the tortilla strips with 1 tbl of the oil and 1/4 tsp salt. Spread in a single layer and bake,tossing once,until golden and crisp,7-10 mins.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl,toss the shrimp with the cumin and 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper. Heat 1 tbl of remaining oil in a large skillet over med-high heat. Cook the shrimp until golden and cooked through, 2-3 mins per side.
- In a large bowl, combine the orange and lime juices with the remaining 3 tbls of oil, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper. Add the romaine,cabbage,avocado,and shrimp and toss to combine. Serve the salad topped with the tortilla strips and pepitas.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by LMStone61 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Shrimp and Avocado Salad with Crispy Tortillas Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Salads