I roughly double this and add 1 pound of pasta to make a lovely pasta salad. Have brought it to many luncheons and am always asked for the recipe. I find it's better to make it a day ahead of time to allow flavors to blend, and I always make it with reduced fat sour cream and mayonnaise.
More From Southern Living
- 2 1/2 pounds unpeeled, medium-size fresh shrimp, cooked
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise*
- 1/2 cup sour cream*
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 5 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 2 teaspoons dry Italian dressing mix
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, quartered
- Peel shrimp; devein, if desired.
- Whisk together mayonnaise and next 7 ingredients. Stir in artichoke hearts and shrimp. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- *Reduced-fat mayonnaise and sour cream may be substituted.
- Note: When selecting canned artichoke hearts, look on the label for a count of 10 to 12. Not only are these whole artichoke hearts less expensive, they are consistently more tender than either the larger sizes or the quartered ones.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes