Shredded Mediterranean Chicken a la Crock Pot
Recently my friend gave me a fun cookbook called Hungry Girl. Inside is a fabulous recipe for shredded BBQ chicken. I had no idea making shredded chicken was so easy. For weeks I had a batch in the fridge ready to go at all times, because my husband said it was the best thing I had ever made. One day I ran out of the ingredients, and so I got creative. What I came up with, I looooove. I call it Mediterranean Chicken a la Crock-Pot:
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 onion
- 2 tablespoon(s) brown sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) capers
- 1 1/2 cup(s) kalamata olives
- 1 tablespoon(s) minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cup(s) chopped artichoke hearts
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped sundried tomatoes
- 1 cup(s) fresh chopped tomato
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Italian seasoning
- 1. Throw in half a jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce. (I like Classico Traditional Sweet Basil.)
- 2. Then I toss in all my fridge staples from Costco. I don’t measure anything. Just toss in what looks like a good amount to your eye. If you like to measure, there are some approximate quantities above.
- 3. Throw it in the pot on high at lunch and it will be ready to shred and serve for dinner. Or put it on low in the morning, and it should be ready by dinnertime.
- This recipe is from Mom Around Town at www.momaroundtown.com.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by PaigeDunn and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Shredded Mediterranean Chicken a la Crock Pot Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes