I enjoy these tacos. They're easy to make and with a side of Mexican rice this meal is complete in less than an hour. Good weeknight summer meal.
Shredded Chicken Tacos with Tomatoes and Grilled Corn
Photo: Iain Bagwell; Styling: Thom Driver
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 2 tacos)
More From Cooking Light
Total: 35 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 420
- Fat: 13.5g
- Saturated fat: 2.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 7.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.4g
- Protein: 39.2g
- Carbohydrate: 40.6g
- Fiber: 8.4g
- Cholesterol: 101mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 554mg
- Calcium: 123mg
- 2 ears shucked corn
- 1 (12-ounce) package baby heirloom tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 2 cups shredded skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken breast
- 1 peeled avocado, cut into 16 slices
- 8 lime wedges (optional)
- 1. Preheat broiler.
- 2. Place corn on a jelly-roll pan; broil 18 minutes or until charred on all sides, rotating every 6 minutes. Cut kernels from corn; place kernels in a medium bowl. Cut tomatoes into quarters. Add tomatoes to corn, and sprinkle corn mixture with black pepper and salt.
- 3. Heat tortillas according to package directions. Divide chicken evenly among tortillas; top each taco with 1/4 cup corn mixture and 2 avocado slices. Serve with lime wedges, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This