This are so tasty. They are worthy of a special dinner. I found them to be crispy and a terrific Passover vegetable as they are made with cracker meal and matzoh meal worked well. I will make them again. So glad that I retain my old cooking light magazines for reference.
Shredded Carrot-Ginger Pancakes with Asian Dipping Sauce
Serve these easy pancakes as an accompaniment to stir-fried rice with tofu and steamed sugar snap or snow peas. If you have a griddle, you can cook all the pancakes in one batch.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 2 pancakes and 1 tablespoon sauce)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 129
- Calories from fat: 28%
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated fat: 0.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Protein: 5g
- Carbohydrate: 18.1g
- Fiber: 3.9g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Iron: 1.3mg
- Sodium: 562mg
- Calcium: 60mg
- 2 1/2 cups coarsely shredded carrot (about 1 pound)
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 3 tablespoons cracker meal
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon canola oil, divided
- Cooking spray
- Green onion strips (optional)
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- To prepare pancakes, combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Combine egg substitute, cracker meal, and salt in a small bowl. Add egg mixture to carrot mixture; stir to blend.
- Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons oil in a nonstick griddle or large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-low heat. Using about 1/4 cup batter per pancake, spoon 4 pancakes onto hot pan, spreading each to a 4-inch diameter. Cook 4 minutes on each side or until bottoms are lightly browned and cooked through. Transfer to a plate; keep warm. Heat remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil in pan; repeat procedure with remaining batter. Transfer to a plate; keep warm. Garnish with green onion strips, if desired.
- To prepare dipping sauce, combine soy sauce and remaining ingredients in a small bowl, and stir with a whisk. Serve with pancakes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes