Shredded Brussels Sprouts With Pecans and Prosciutto
Yield: Makes 4 to 6 servings
More From Southern Living
Bake: 10 Minutes
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 pounds fresh Brussels sprouts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 pound prosciutto, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Place pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 8 to 10 minutes or until toasted, stirring after 5 minutes.
- 3. Remove discolored leaves from Brussels sprouts. Cut each sprout in half, and cut into shreds.
- 4. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add shallot and garlic, and sauté 1 to 2 minutes or until tender.
- 5. Add shredded Brussels sprouts to skillet; sauté 8 to 10 minutes or until just tender. Add prosciutto and next 3 ingredients; sauté 2 more minutes. Remove from heat, and sprinkle with cheese and toasted pecans.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables