- 1/2 cup chopped bacon (about 3 slices)
- 1/2 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 13 cups thinly sliced Brussels sprouts (about 2 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped hazelnuts, toasted
How to Make It
Cook bacon in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat 4 minutes or until crisp. Remove the bacon from pan, reserving 1 1/2 teaspoons drippings in pan; set bacon aside. Add chicken broth to pan; bring to a simmer. Add sliced Brussels sprouts; cook 4 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring frequently. Sprinkle with salt and ground black pepper, tossing gently to combine. Sprinkle evenly with bacon and hazelnuts. Serve immediately.
Quick tip: Use a food processor's thin slicing blade attachment to prepare the Brussels sprouts.