Not one bite left after an office holiday dinner! Several requests for the recipe. I subbed toasted pecans for hazelnuts. This is a good recipe for those who like sprouts as well as those who don't. What isn't better with bacon and nuts?! Have made several times since the first--it's becoming a favorite with family & friends.
Shredded Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Hazelnuts
Bacon and hazelnuts make this Brussels sprouts recipe appealing to even the pickiest eater. To get a head start on dinner, cut the bacon and slice the sprouts in the morning. You can toast the nuts up to two days ahead.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 59
- Calories from fat: 41%
- Fat: 2.7g
- Saturated fat: 0.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 3.4g
- Carbohydrate: 7.2g
- Fiber: 3.1g
- Cholesterol: 2mg
- Iron: 1.2mg
- Sodium: 262mg
- Calcium: 35mg
- 1/2 cup chopped bacon (about 3 slices)
- 1/2 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 13 cups thinly sliced Brussels sprouts (about 2 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped hazelnuts, toasted
- Cook bacon in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat 4 minutes or until crisp. Remove the bacon from pan, reserving 1 1/2 teaspoons drippings in pan; set bacon aside. Add chicken broth to pan; bring to a simmer. Add sliced Brussels sprouts; cook 4 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring frequently. Sprinkle with salt and ground black pepper, tossing gently to combine. Sprinkle evenly with bacon and hazelnuts. Serve immediately.
- Quick tip: Use a food processor's thin slicing blade attachment to prepare the Brussels sprouts.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables