Shredded Brussels Sprouts
This recipe will make anyone a fan of brussels sprouts. Clean and slice the brussels sprouts ahead and store them in a zip-top plastic bag. Then just heat your skillet for a fast stir-fry with great sweet 'n' tangy flavor.
- 2 pounds brussels sprouts
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 small purple onion, cut into slivers (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Wash brussels sprouts; remove discolored leaves. Cut off stem ends and thinly slice brussels sprouts. (They should look shredded.)
- Heat butter and oil in a large deep skillet or Dutch oven over medium-high heat until hot. Add shredded brussels sprouts, garlic, and onion slivers. Saute 8 to 10 minutes or until brussels sprouts are tender and onion is lightly caramelized. Season with salt and pepper; transfer to a serving bowl. Add vinegar and brown sugar to skillet. Simmer over medium heat 30 seconds; pour over brussels sprouts, and toss gently. Serve hot.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables