Shredded Beef Stir Fry with kale and black bean sauce
A delicious quick and easy mid week supper.
Marinating Time : 10 Minutes
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4 piece(s) Thin cut Beef Sirloin Steaks
- 1 teaspoon(s) Sesame Oil
- 2 teaspoon(s) Rice Wine or Rice Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon(s) soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon(s) Corn Flour
- 1 whole(s) Red Onion finely sliced
- 2 clove(s) Garlic finely chopped or crushed
- small piece(s) Root Ginger (approx thumb sized) peeled and finely chopped
- 7 ounce(s) Curly Kale (200g in metric)
- quarter teaspoon(s) Dried crushed whole chillies
- 4 tablespoon(s) Black Bean Sauce
- 2 tablespoon(s) Sunflower Oil or other flavourless oil
- 1. Remove any fat from the steaks and place in the freezer for about 20 minutes to make them easier to slice them into thin shreds against the grain.
- 2. Mix the sesame oil, rice wine/vinegar, soy sauce and corn flour into a shallow dish and then add the shredded steak. Mix up well and leave to marinate for 10 minutes out of the fridge.
- 3. Heat half the Sunflower oil in a frying pan or wok. Add the beef and stir-fry for about 3 minutes until browned. Remove with a slotted spoon and put on a plate and cover with foil to keep it warm.
- 4. Wipe the pan and add the remainder of the Sunflower oil. Heat through then add the onion, garlic and ginger. Fry for a minute taking care not to allow it burn then add the kale and chillies and stir fry for 2-3 minutes until the kale has wilted.
- 5. Return the beef to the pan and add the black bean sauce. Fry for a further minute and then serve with boiled or steamed white rice (Basmati is best)
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Hopskotch and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note