Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 5 1/2 to 6 pound(s) chicken thighs
- 5 cup(s) low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cup(s) low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup(s) packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup(s) mirin
- 8 clove(s) (medium) of garlic smashed and peeled
- 4-inch piece of ginger sliced 1/2-inch thick and smashed
- 1 teaspoon(s) freshly ground black pepper
- 5 tablespoon(s) cornstarch dissolved in 5 tablespoons of water
- thinly sliced green onions for garnish
- Combine all ingredients except cornstarch and green onions in a large pot and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce to low and simmer, covered, turning occasionally, until chicken is tender, about 30 to 35 minutes more.
- Remove chicken to a serving platter. Remove garlic and ginger and discard. Bring sauce to a boil, skim off excess fat, and cook until reduced slightly, about 10 minutes. Whisk in cornstarch mixture and bring to a boil. Remove the heat, add chicken, turn to coat, and serve chicken with sauce and sliced green onions.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by JenGor and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Shoyu Chicken Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes