Shortcut Cornbread Dressing
Yield: 10 servings
More From Oxmoor House
- 2 (6-oz.) packages cornbread mix (we tested with Martha White)
- 1 (6-oz.) can refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 large onion, chopped (2 cups)
- 5 celery ribs, chopped (1 1/2 cups)
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Prepare cornbread mix and biscuits according to package directions; let cool. Crumble cornbread and biscuits in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add onion and celery, and sauté until tender. Add sautéed vegetables, broth, and remaining ingredients to crumbled cornbread; stir well. Spoon dressing into a lightly greased 13" x 9" baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 55 minutes or until browned.
- Make-Ahead Note: Prepare recipe as directed; do not bake. Cover and freeze dressing up to 3 months or refrigerate up to 24 hours. Remove from refrigerator; let stand 30 minutes. Uncover and bake as directed.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables