This is my Go-To for a quick Cassoulet. We all love it! I always add more beans or even sometimes canned/precooked lentils for more heft, and always add bacon and some white wine to the mix. Been making this for over 10 years and it never lets us down!
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 226
- Calories from fat: 19%
- Fat: 4.8g
- Saturated fat: 1.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Protein: 22.2g
- Carbohydrate: 24.1g
- Fiber: 4.1g
- Cholesterol: 53mg
- Iron: 3.4mg
- Sodium: 535mg
- Calcium: 99mg
- 1 (1-ounce) slice white bread
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 3 (3-ounce) smoked turkey and duck sausages (such as Gerhard's), cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 1 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 (15.8-ounce) cans Great Northern beans, drained and divided
- 2 cups coarsely chopped cooked turkey
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Place bread in a food processor; pulse 5 times or until coarse crumbs form to measure 1/2 cup. Arrange breadcrumbs on a jelly-roll pan; bake at 325° for 8 minutes or until golden. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat until hot. Add sausages, and cook 3 minutes or until browned. Remove from pan; keep warm. Add onion, celery, and carrot to pan; saute 5 minutes. Return sausages to pan; stir in broth and next 5 ingredients (broth through tomatoes); bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 30 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Mash 1/2 cup beans; stir into sausage mixture. Stir the remaining beans into sausage mixture. Spoon half of bean mixture into a 2 1/2-quart casserole dish; top with turkey and remaining bean mixture. Combine breadcrumbs and cheese; sprinkle over bean mixture. Bake at 325° for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Casseroles