This was my first attempt at Carrot Cake! Well, when I brought it to work, husband didn't want to have it in the house for fear of eating all of it, my coworkers ate it up within 30 minutes for breakfast! They could not believe this was my first Carrot cake. Easy and delicious. They ask me to make it again and again for office Birthday celebrations.
Shortcut Carrot Cake
Yield: Makes 1 (3-layer) cake
- 1 (26.5-ounce) package cinnamon streusel coffee cake mix
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large carrots, finely grated
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- Cream Cheese Frosting
- Grease 3 (8-inch) round cakepans. Line with wax paper; grease and flour.
- Combine cake mix and streusel packet in a mixing bowl, reserving glaze packet. Add eggs, 1 1/4 cups water, and oil; beat at medium speed with an electric mixer 2 minutes. Stir in carrot, pecans, and coconut. Pour batter evenly into prepared pans.
- Bake at 350° for 18 to 20 minutes. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes. Remove from pans; place on racks.
- Stir together reserved glaze and juice; brush evenly over warm cake layers. Cool completely on wire racks.
- Spread Cream Cheese Frosting between layers and on top and sides of cake. Chill at least 2 hours.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts