Yield: Makes about 3 dozen
More From Southern Living
Chill: 1 Hour
Bake: 14 Minutes
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely chopped toasted almonds, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Chocolate Filling
- Combine flour, 1/2 cup almonds, and salt; set aside.
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add powdered sugar, beating until light and fluffy.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture gradually, beating just until blended. Stir in vanilla.
- Cover dough, and chill 1 hour.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls; roll balls in remaining 1/2 cup almonds. Place about 1 inch apart on lightly greased baking sheets; gently press an indentation into center of each cookie with thumb.
- Bake at 350° for 14 minutes or until set; remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Spoon or pipe about 1/2 teaspoon Chocolate Filling into indentation of each cooled cookie.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts