Shortbread Surprise Cookies
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 cups pecan halves
- Powdered sugar
- Cream butter in a large mixing bowl; gradually add brown sugar, beating well. Add vanilla; mix well. Gradually add flour, 1 cup at a time, stirring until well blended.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls, inserting one pecan half into center of each ball. Place cookies 2 inches apart on greased cookie sheets. Bake at 375° for 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from cookie sheets, and cool on wire racks. Roll in powdered sugar.
- Note: Cookies may be frozen before rolling in powdered sugar.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note