Shortbread Fudge Cake
NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE® Brand Winner. $1,000 Brand Winner.
Yield: Makes 2 dozen
More From Oxmoor House
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 2 cups (12-ounce package) semisweet chocolate morsels
- 3/4 cup butter
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar
- Sweetened whipped cream or vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Chocolate shavings (optional)
- Beat 1 cup softened butter in a large mixing bowl at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy.
- Stir together 2 cups flour, 1/2 cup granulated sugar, and salt. Add to butter mixture, beating until crumbly. Stir in pecans.
- Press dough into an ungreased 13- x 9-inch pan.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until golden.
- Microwave chocolate morsels and 3/4 cup butter in a 2-quart glass bowl at HIGH 1 1/2 minutes or until melted, stirring twice.
- Whisk in eggs, vanilla, remaining 1 cup granulated sugar, and remaining 1/2 cup flour until smooth. Pour chocolate mixture over prepared crust.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until set. (Do not overbake.) Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Cut into 24 bars. Transfer bars to wax paper; dust with powdered sugar. Store bars in an airtight container. If desired, serve with whipped cream or ice cream, and sprinkle with chocolate shavings.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This