Short Rib Sandwiches
More From Southern Living
Stand: 5 Minutes
Broil: 10 Minutes
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 (12-oz.) sourdough French bread loaf
- 3 tablespoons stone-ground Dijon mustard
- 3 cups shredded Red Wine Short Ribs
- 1/2 cup gravy from Red Wine Short Ribs
- 2 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 3 cups firmly packed arugula
- 1. Sauté sliced onion in a lightly greased nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 6 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat, and stir in 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar. Let mixture stand 5 minutes.
- 2. Cut bread into 4 pieces. Cut each piece in half lengthwise, cutting to but not through opposite side. Place bread pieces, cut sides up, on a wire rack in a broiler pan.
- 3. Broil 6 inches from heat 3 to 4 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- 4. Spread cut sides of bread evenly with mustard. Stir together meat and gravy; spoon evenly onto bread. Sprinkle with cheese.
- 5. Broil 6 inches from heat 4 to 6 minutes or until cheese is melted. Toss together onion mixture and arugula; top sandwiches with mixture.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note