Short Paste for Tarts
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 305
- Calories from fat: 56%
- Protein: 4.1g
- Fat: 19g
- Saturated fat: 11g
- Carbohydrate: 30g
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Sodium: 178mg
- Cholesterol: 100mg
- 2 cups (250 g) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (50 g) sugar
- 3/4 cup (6 oz., 170 g) butter or margarine, cut into chunks
- 2 large egg yolks or 1 large egg
- 1. In a bowl, combine flour and sugar. Add butter and, with your fingers, rub into flour mixture until well blended.
- 2. With a fork, stir in egg yolks until dough holds together. (Or whirl flour, sugar, and butter in a food processor until mixture resembles fine crumbs; add yolks and whirl until dough holds together.)
- 3. With your hands, press dough firmly into a smooth ball, kneading a bit to help bind the dough. (At this point, you may wrap the dough airtight and refrigerate up to 1 week; let come to room temperature before using.)
- 4. Press pastry into an 11-inch (28 cm) tart pan with a removable rim, pushing dough firmly into bottom and sides to make an even layer; the edge should be flush with pan rim. Bake in a 300° F (150° C) oven, uncovered, until lightly browned, 30 to 40 minutes. Let cool in pan. Fill tart and remove rim to serve.
- Nutritional analysis per unfilled serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts