What a refreshing, winter drink. Yes it has multiple ingredients and yes I converted to ounces, etc., but we loved it and declared it a keeper. Ginger beer is such an under used ingredient and this recipe makes the most of it's spicy flavor.
Ginger beer is a nonalcoholic fizzy beverage with a pop of spicy ginger. It's the flavor secret in this spicy but refreshing cocktail.
More From Southern Living
1 Hour, 15 Minutes
- 5 tablespoons bourbon
- 2 tablespoons ginger liqueur
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Simple Syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon bitters
- Crushed ice
- Nonalcoholic ginger beer, chilled
- Garnishes: orange slices, fresh mint sprigs
- Stir together first 5 ingredients. Fill 1 (16-oz.) glass or Mason jar with crushed ice. Pour bourbon mixture over ice; top with ginger beer (about 1/3 cup). Garnish, if desired. Serve immediately.
- Note: We tested with Maker's Mark Bourbon, Domaine de Canton ginger liqueur, and Reed's Extra Ginger Brew and Goya Jamaican Style Ginger Beer.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note