This is the first recipe I have ever panned. Way too much sauce. Maybe ok if you doubled the corn and beans, but over all I think any other casserole like this would be better.
Shoepeg & Green Bean Casserole
Perk up your usual green bean casserole with the addition of shoepeg corn and sour cream, then top with a buttery cracker topping.
Yield: Serves 6 to 8
- 2 (7-oz.) cans shoepeg corn, drained
- 14 1/2-oz. can green beans, drained
- 10 3/4-oz. can cream of celery soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup crushed round buttery crackers (about 18 crackers)
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- Stir together corn, beans, soup, sour cream and cheese; spread in a greased 2-quart baking dish. Top with cracker crumbs; drizzle with melted butter. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for one hour or until golden.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note