- 1 (5-pound) boneless leg of lamb, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup port or other sweet red wine
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried whole oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 medium-size green peppers, seeded and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms
- 1 (10-ounce) package pearl onions
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- Hot cooked rice
- Remove excess fat and fell (tissue- like covering) from lamb.
- Combine next 11 ingredients in a large shallow container. Add lamb; cover and marinate in refrigerator overnight.
- Remove lamb from marinade; discard marinade. Alternate cubes of lamb with green pepper, mushrooms, pearl onions, and tomatoes on skewers. Place kabobs on grill about 5 inches from medium coals. Grill 15 to 20 minutes, turning frequently. Serve over hot cooked rice.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes