Breakfast. lunch or dinner worthy. Easy to get yolks hard or keep them soft as you choose. Yum!
Photo: Annabelle Breakey; Styling: Dan Becker
- 1/4 teaspoon butter
- 2 teaspoons heavy whipping cream
- 2 eggs
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced chives
- 1 tablespoon grated hard cheese, such as parmesan
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°.
- 2. Coat a 6-oz. ramekin with butter. Pour whipping cream into ramekin.
- 3. Crack eggs into ramekin, coaxing yolks toward the center, using a spoon if necessary.
- 4. Sprinkle eggs with salt and pepper, top with chives, then cheese.
- 5. Bake until set around edges and still a bit jiggly in the center, about 12 minutes. (For firm yolks, bake an additional 3 minutes.) Let sit 2 to 3 minutes to set and serve immediately.
For easier oven transfer, set dish, or dishes if making more than one serving, on a large baking pan.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This