- 4 small tomatoes, peeled and chopped or 2 cups
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper or use 1 small can chopped green chilies
- 1 or 2 jalepeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon lime or lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- 1-2 tablespoons of fresh cilantro.
- Mix and refrigerate.
- Note: I usually just estimate the quantities above (1/2 onion, 1/2 pepper, etc.) and throw it all in a food processor to desired consistency. Add more heat to recipe by increasing quantities or varieties of hot peppers (chipolte, jalepeno, etc).
This recipe is a personal recipe added by KateGH72 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Shirley's Salsa Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Sauces/Condiments