This recipe always turns out amazing, and it's so quick and easy to make. YUM.
Notes: Brush some of the marinade on bell peppers and onions; grill them next to the meat for about 15 minutes. (Stop brushing on marinade at least 5 minutes before veggies are done, so heat can kill any bacteria from meat.) Prep and cook time: about 35 minutes, plus at least 2 hours to marinate.
More From Sunset
2 Hours, 35 Minutes
- Calories: 151
- Calories from fat: 38%
- Protein: 21g
- Fat: 6.3g
- Saturated fat: 1.9g
- Carbohydrate: 0.8g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Sodium: 342mg
- Cholesterol: 59mg
- 3/4 cup Shiraz (Syrah) wine
- 2/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 beef tri-tip (about 2 1/2 lb.), fat trimmed, rinsed and patted dry
- 1. In a gallon-size zip-lock plastic bag, combine Shiraz, soy sauce, oil, vinegar, lemon juice, Worcestershire, mustard, and garlic. Add tri-tip and seal bag. Chill at least 2 hours or up to 1 day, turning occasionally.
- 2. Lightly oil a barbecue grill over a solid bed of medium coals or medium heat on a gas grill (you can hold your hand at grill level only 4 to 5 seconds). Lift tri-tip from marinade and lay on hot grill; discard marinade. Close lid on gas grill. Cook tri-tip, turning every 5 minutes, until rare in center of thickest part (still pink; cut to test), 125° to 130° on a thermometer, about 25 minutes, or until as done as you like.
- 3. Let meat rest 5 minutes, then cut across the grain into thin, slanting slices.
- Wine: A fruity Shiraz or Syrah (the same grape) with a hint of sweet pipe-tobacco smoke.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note