I love this risotto recipe and make it often. Guests also think it is great and doesn't taste light. We will sometimes just eat this as our dinner :)
Shiitake and Sweet Pea Risotto
Intimidated by risotto? You won't be after following this easy, impressive recipe. To make the dish completely meatless, use vegetable broth in place of chicken.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 324
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated fat: 3.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 11.7g
- Carbohydrate: 48g
- Fiber: 4.5g
- Cholesterol: 14mg
- Iron: 1.3mg
- Sodium: 710mg
- Calcium: 101mg
- 4 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic, divided
- 1 cup uncooked Arborio rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cups thinly sliced shiitake mushroom caps
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme, divided
- 3/4 cup frozen green peas
- 6 tablespoons grated fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Bring broth to a simmer in a medium saucepan; keep warm over low heat.
- 2. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion; cook 2 minutes. Add 1 teaspoon garlic; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Add rice; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add wine; cook 2 minutes or until liquid is absorbed, stirring frequently. Stir in 1/2 cup broth; cook 2 minutes or until liquid is absorbed, stirring constantly. Add remaining broth, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly until each portion of broth is absorbed before adding the next (about 20 minutes).
- 3. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms to pan; sauté 5 minutes or until tender. Add remaining 1/2 teaspoon garlic and 1 teaspoon thyme; sauté 1 minute. Set aside.
- 4. Stir mushrooms, remaining 1 teaspoon thyme, peas, 1/4 cup cheese, and pepper into risotto; cook 3 minutes. Spoon about 1 1/4 cups risotto into each of 4 bowls; sprinkle each with 1 1/2 teaspoons cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note