- 4 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic, divided
- 1 cup uncooked Arborio rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cups thinly sliced shiitake mushroom caps
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme, divided
- 3/4 cup frozen green peas
- 6 tablespoons grated fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- calories 324
- fat 10 g
- satfat 3.7 g
- monofat 3.9 g
- polyfat 0.8 g
- protein 11.7 g
- carbohydrate 48 g
- fiber 4.5 g
- cholesterol 14 mg
- iron 1.3 mg
- sodium 710 mg
- calcium 101 mg
How to Make It
Bring broth to a simmer in a medium saucepan; keep warm over low heat.
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion; cook 2 minutes. Add 1 teaspoon garlic; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Add rice; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add wine; cook 2 minutes or until liquid is absorbed, stirring frequently. Stir in 1/2 cup broth; cook 2 minutes or until liquid is absorbed, stirring constantly. Add remaining broth, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly until each portion of broth is absorbed before adding the next (about 20 minutes).
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms to pan; sauté 5 minutes or until tender. Add remaining 1/2 teaspoon garlic and 1 teaspoon thyme; sauté 1 minute. Set aside.
Stir mushrooms, remaining 1 teaspoon thyme, peas, 1/4 cup cheese, and pepper into risotto; cook 3 minutes. Spoon about 1 1/4 cups risotto into each of 4 bowls; sprinkle each with 1 1/2 teaspoons cheese.