This was okay, but it had no wow factor. I would not make it again only because I have so many other recipes that I would choose before this.
Shiitake-Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Teriyaki Glaze
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 180
- Calories from fat: 20%
- Fat: 3.9g
- Saturated fat: 0.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Protein: 27.7g
- Carbohydrate: 7.7g
- Fiber: 0.7g
- Cholesterol: 66mg
- Iron: 1.4mg
- Sodium: 269mg
- Calcium: 22mg
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil, divided
- 2 cups sliced shiitake mushroom caps (about 1 [3.75-ounce] package)
- 2 tablespoons minced green onions
- 1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium teriyaki sauce, divided
- 4 (4-ounce) skinned, boned chicken breast halves
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Sliced green onions (optional)
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms, minced green onions, and ginger; sauté 3 minutes. Spoon into a small bowl, and stir in 1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce. Set aside.
- Cut a horizontal slit through the thickest portion of each chicken breast half to form a pocket. Stuff about 1 1/2 tablespoons of mushroom mixture into each pocket.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; sauté 6 minutes on each side or until chicken is done. Remove chicken from skillet. Set aside; keep warm.
- Add 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce, orange rind, orange juice, sherry, and honey to skillet, and bring to a boil. Cook for 2 minutes or until reduced to 1/4 cup. Spoon orange glaze over chicken, and garnish with sliced green onions, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This