This was okay, but it had no wow factor. I would not make it again only because I have so many other recipes that I would choose before this.
Shiitake-Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Teriyaki Glaze
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 chicken breast half and 1 tablespoon orange glaze)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 180
- Calories from fat: 20%
- Fat: 3.9g
- Saturated fat: 0.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Protein: 27.7g
- Carbohydrate: 7.7g
- Fiber: 0.7g
- Cholesterol: 66mg
- Iron: 1.4mg
- Sodium: 269mg
- Calcium: 22mg
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil, divided
- 2 cups sliced shiitake mushroom caps (about 1 [3.75-ounce] package)
- 2 tablespoons minced green onions
- 1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium teriyaki sauce, divided
- 4 (4-ounce) skinned, boned chicken breast halves
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Sliced green onions (optional)
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms, minced green onions, and ginger; sauté 3 minutes. Spoon into a small bowl, and stir in 1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce. Set aside.
- Cut a horizontal slit through the thickest portion of each chicken breast half to form a pocket. Stuff about 1 1/2 tablespoons of mushroom mixture into each pocket.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; sauté 6 minutes on each side or until chicken is done. Remove chicken from skillet. Set aside; keep warm.
- Add 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce, orange rind, orange juice, sherry, and honey to skillet, and bring to a boil. Cook for 2 minutes or until reduced to 1/4 cup. Spoon orange glaze over chicken, and garnish with sliced green onions, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes