- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil, divided
- 2 cups sliced shiitake mushroom caps (about 1 [3.75-ounce] package)
- 2 tablespoons minced green onions
- 1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium teriyaki sauce, divided
- 4 (4-ounce) skinned, boned chicken breast halves
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Sliced green onions (optional)
- calories 180
- caloriesfromfat 20 %
- fat 3.9 g
- satfat 0.7 g
- monofat 1.3 g
- polyfat 1.3 g
- protein 27.7 g
- carbohydrate 7.7 g
- fiber 0.7 g
- cholesterol 66 mg
- iron 1.4 mg
- sodium 269 mg
- calcium 22 mg
How to Make It
Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms, minced green onions, and ginger; sauté 3 minutes. Spoon into a small bowl, and stir in 1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce. Set aside.
Cut a horizontal slit through the thickest portion of each chicken breast half to form a pocket. Stuff about 1 1/2 tablespoons of mushroom mixture into each pocket.
Heat 1 teaspoon oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; sauté 6 minutes on each side or until chicken is done. Remove chicken from skillet. Set aside; keep warm.
Add 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce, orange rind, orange juice, sherry, and honey to skillet, and bring to a boil. Cook for 2 minutes or until reduced to 1/4 cup. Spoon orange glaze over chicken, and garnish with sliced green onions, if desired.