Shiitake Mushrooms With Garlic and Shallots on Greens
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 pound(s) fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, peeled and finely diced
- 2 fresh shallots, peeled and finely diced
- 2 ounce(s) unsalted butter, cubed
- Sea salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ounce(s) vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon(s) aged sherry wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoon(s) extra virgin olive oil
- Diced tomato
- Baby mixed salad greens
- Remove the stems from the mushrooms and discard. Slice the caps into 1/8 inch slices. Shiitakes are generally very clean and may need only a slight brushing off. Heat a heavy pan till very hot, cast iron if possible and add 1/4 inch of the olive oil. Add the mushrooms and cook for 15 seconds. Salt and pepper to taste while they are cooking.
- Add the garlic and shallots but keep stirring the mushroom so that the garlic and shallots do not color or burn. After 1 minute add the stock and then the cold butter. Swirl the pan to allow the liquid to absorb the butter. This will thicken the sauce.
- Pour vinegar in a mixing bowl, add salt and pepper. Whisk in olive oil and adjust to taste.
- Toss baby mixed lettuces in vinaigrette, arrange on plate. Place on top of mixed lettuces a portion of shiitakes. Arrange the diced tomatoes around the shiitake mushrooms.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note