Shiitake Mushroom and Tofu Soup
Photo: Annabelle Breakey; Styling: Randy Mon
This soup is packed with mushrooms, tofu, cabbage, and noddles. It's easy and perfect for a cold night.
Yield: Serves 4
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 288
- Calories from fat: 26%
- Protein: 18g
- Fat: 8.5g
- Saturated fat: 1.5g
- Carbohydrate: 33g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Sodium: 805mg
- Cholesterol: 25mg
- 4 ounces rice vermicelli
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 package (18 oz.) firm silken tofu, cut into 1-in. cubes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 cup stemmed and sliced fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 1 qt. reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups chopped napa cabbage
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1. Cook vermicelli according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- 2. Meanwhile, heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add tofu; cook until browned, 2 minutes. Add garlic and ginger and cook about 2 minutes. Add mushrooms, broth, and cabbage and simmer 5 minutes. Stir in reserved noodles. Ladle soup into bowls and add cilantro, onions, and soy sauce.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This