Perfect for a Meatless Monday! Looks beautiful too!
Shiitake Mushroom and Gorgonzola Pizza
The robust flavor of blue cheese underscores the earthiness of the mushrooms on this delectable pizza. Gorgonzola has a pronounced flavor, but any blue cheese will work nicely.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 2 wedges)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 296
- Calories from fat: 26%
- Fat: 8.7g
- Saturated fat: 3.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 10.3g
- Carbohydrate: 44.4g
- Fiber: 2.7g
- Cholesterol: 16mg
- Iron: 3.1mg
- Sodium: 382mg
- Calcium: 118mg
- 1/2 recipe Pizza Dough
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced button mushrooms
- 1 1/3 cups thinly sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 1 cup vertically sliced red onion
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons low-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup (3 ounces) crumbled Gorgonzola or other blue cheese
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Roll the dough into a 12-inch circle on a lightly floured surface. Place the dough on a 12-inch pizza pan or a baking sheet coated with cooking spray and sprinkled with cornmeal. Crimp the edges of the dough with your fingers to form a rim.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms and onion; sauté for 5 minutes. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook for 3 minutes or until the onion is very tender. Stir in the salt and pepper.
- Spread the sour cream over pizza crust, leaving a 1-inch border. Top with mushroom mixture; sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 450° for 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cut into 8 wedges.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes