Shiitake-Ginger Pasta Salad with Radicchio
Notes: If you can't find fresh shiitakes, substitute additional common mushrooms. To cook frozen shelled edamame, add to 1 quart boiling water and cook until barely tender to bite, 3 to 5 minutes. PREP AND COOK TIME: About 35 minutes.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 440
- Calories from fat: 33%
- Protein: 16g
- Fat: 16g
- Saturated fat: 5.2g
- Carbohydrate: 57g
- Fiber: 5.8g
- Sodium: 474mg
- Cholesterol: 16mg
- 8 ounces dried farfalle (bow-tie) pasta
- 12 ounces common mushrooms, rinsed and discolored stem ends trimmed
- 4 ounces fresh shiitake mushrooms (see notes), stems discarded
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and fresh-ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons each minced fresh garlic and ginger
- 4 cups shredded radicchio
- 1 cup cooked shelled edamame (see notes)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Shaved parmesan cheese
- 1. In a 4- to 6-quart pan over high heat, bring 2 quarts water to a boil. Add pasta and cook until tender to bite, about 10 minutes. Drain, rinse with cold water, and drain again.
- 2. Meanwhile, cut common and shiitake mushrooms into irregular chunks. In a 12-inch frying pan or 14-inch wok over medium-high heat, melt 1 tablespoon butter with the olive oil. When butter is foamy, add mushrooms. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and cook, stirring often, until mushrooms are lightly browned, 4 to 5 minutes.
- 3. Add remaining tablespoon butter to pan. When melted, add garlic and ginger and stir until fragrant, 1 minute. Add radicchio and edamame and stir until radicchio is wilted, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- 4. In a large bowl, whisk vinegar, mustard, and soy sauce until combined. Add pasta and mushroom mixture and stir gently to coat. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm or let cool to room temperature; top with shaved parmesan cheese just before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads