We tossed the mushrooms with a tiny bit of oil and salt and grilled them. Otherwise, we made the salad according to the recipe. Delicious!!!!!
Shiitake and Edamame Salad with White Miso Vinaigrette
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 184
- Calories from fat: 68%
- Protein: 4.4g
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Carbohydrate: 11g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Sodium: 492mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons white miso
- 1 medium shallot
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 10 medium shiitake mushrooms, sliced 1/4 in. thick
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 head butter lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 2 cups baby beet greens or arugula
- 1 cup shelled, cooked edamame
- 3 green onions (green part only), chopped
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1. Whirl orange juice, soy sauce, vinegar, honey, miso, and shallot in a blender. With blender running, pour in 3 tbsp. vegetable oil and the sesame oil and whirl 10 seconds. Set vinaigrette aside.
- 2. Heat remaining vegetable oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Add shiitakes and salt and cook, stirring, until mushrooms are browned, about 3 minutes. Let cool.
- 3. In a large bowl, gently toss lettuce and beet greens with 2 tbsp. vinaigrette. Top with shiitakes, edamame, green onions, and sesame seeds. Serve remaining vinaigrette on the side.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads