Photo: © Tina Rupp
Soaking shallot slices in vinegar makes them deliciously pickle-like. For a tarter flavor, let the shallots soak for up to 2 hours.
Yield: Makes 1/3 cup
- 1 large shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- In a small bowl, toss the shallot with the vinegar and season with salt and pepper. Let stand for 15 minutes, then whisk in the oil.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salad Dressings