Roasted with sherry, honey, vanilla seeds--and a tad of butter, Sherry-Roasted Pears make an elegant dessert for family or friends. Based on a recipe from Plum Gorgeous by Romney Steele.
This recipe goes with Upside-Down Sour Cream Coffee Cake
More From Sunset
2 Hours, 25 Minutes
- 3 large Bosc pears
- 1/3 cup Oloroso sherry*
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon butter, cut into small pieces
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°. Peel, halve, and core pears and put cut side up in an 8- or 9-in. square baking dish. Pour sherry on top. Scrape seeds from vanilla bean with side of a knife and add to sherry with pod. Drizzle pears with honey and dot with butter.
- 2. Roast, basting twice with juices, until pears are just tender when pierced, about 10 minutes.
- 3. Transfer ingredients to a deep bowl and let cool at least 2 hours, turning pears occasionally, or chill overnight. Strain before using, discarding vanilla pod; save syrup to use in cake batter and to serve with pancakes if you like.
- *Find Oloroso sherry, a full-flavored, somewhat sweet sherry, in the wine section.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch