We would rate the collards alone as a 5, but the salmon was too sweet and we would rate it a 2. We enjoyed the collards as prepared or with the addition of a few hot pepper flakes. They are not traditional Southern collards (which I also love), but are a quick and healthy alternative.
Sherry-Glazed Salmon with Collard Greens
Randy Mayor; Jan Gautro
This sauce is slightly sweet and is nicely countered by the bitter greens. Line your pan with foil for easy cleanup.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 salmon fillet and 3/4 cup greens)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 354
- Calories from fat: 39%
- Fat: 15.2g
- Saturated fat: 3.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.5g
- Protein: 39.6g
- Carbohydrate: 11.9g
- Fiber: 4.1g
- Cholesterol: 87mg
- Iron: 1.1mg
- Sodium: 442mg
- Calcium: 193mg
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets, skinned (about 1 inch thick)
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (1-pound) bag chopped collard greens
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a small saucepan; bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Cook until reduced to 3 tablespoons (about 5 minutes). Remove from heat; stir in vinegar.
- Arrange fish on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Brush fish with half of sherry mixture. Bake at 375° for 5 minutes; brush fish with remaining sherry mixture. Bake an additional 5 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- While fish bakes, combine water and next 6 ingredients (water through pepper) in a large skillet over medium-high heat; bring to a simmer. Add greens; cover, reduce heat to medium, and cook 10 minutes or until tender.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes