More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 20
- Calories from fat: 45%
- Protein: 0.8g
- Fat: 1g
- Saturated fat: 0.5g
- Carbohydrate: 1.9g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Sodium: 14mg
- Cholesterol: 1.9mg
- 1 tablespoon slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup minced shallots or onion
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup dry sherry
- 1 cup fat-skimmed chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- In an 8- to 10-inch frying pan over medium-high heat, stir or shake 1 tablespoon slivered almonds until golden, about 3 minutes. Pour from pan. Add 1/2 cup minced shallots or onion and 1 tablespoon butter or margarine. Stir over high heat until shallots are limp, about 2 minutes. Add 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour to pan and stir until mixture is lightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes. Add 1 cup dry sherry, 1 cup fat-skimmed chicken broth, and 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme. Boil, stirring often, until sauce is reduced to 1 cup, about 7 minutes. Finely chop almonds and stir into sauce.
- If making sauce up to 1 day ahead, cover and chill.
- Nutritional analysis per tablespoon.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This