- 3 pounds pork spareribs
- 1/2 cup sherry
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons catsup
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/3 teaspoon red pepper
How to Make It
Cut ribs into serving - size pieces; place on a lightly greased rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 30 minutes.
Combine remaining ingredients in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil, stirring well.
Place roasting pan 7 to 8 inches from heating element. Broil ribs 15 minutes, turning every 5 minutes; baste liberally with sauce. Serve remaining sauce with spareribs.