- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, cleaned
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons sherry
- Place mushrooms on a lightly greased 15- x 10- x 1-inch jellyroll pan. Add water. Bake at 275° for 30 minutes. Transfer mushrooms to a serving dish; reserve liquid in pan.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Add flour; stir until smooth. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Gradually add chicken broth and reserved liquid; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly. Stir in salt, pepper, and sherry. Pour sauce over mushrooms.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables