Be patient when cooking mushrooms; they need time to release their moisture and absorb the flavors of the other ingredients. Serve this creamy mushroom mixture over steaks.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 54
- Calories from fat: 58%
- Fat: 3.5g
- Saturated fat: 1.1g
- Protein: 2.5g
- Carbohydrate: 4.2g
- Fiber: 0.9g
- Cholesterol: 4mg
- Iron: 0.4mg
- Sodium: 175mg
- Calcium: 19mg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion (1/2 medium)
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 2 (8-ounce) packages mushrooms, quartered (about 6 cups)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add oil. Add onion and garlic; sauté 4 minutes or until onion is tender. Stir in lemon rind.
- 2. Reduce heat to medium; add mushrooms, and cook 8 minutes or until tender. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 3. Remove pan from heat, and stir in half-and-half and sherry. Return pan to medium-high heat, and bring to a boil; boil 1 minute or until slightly thickened. Sprinkle with parsley.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note