Sherried Mushroom Spread
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 pound shiitake mushrooms, finely chopped (about 6 cups)
- 2 shallots, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon or 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Garnishes: thinly sliced green onion, chopped fresh tarragon, sliced shiitake mushroom
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add mushrooms and shallots. Sauté 6 to 7 minutes or until mushrooms release moisture. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; stir well. Sprinkle with flour, stirring to coat mushrooms; cook 1 minute. Add sherry, broth, and tarragon; simmer, uncovered, 10 to 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in sour cream.
- Spoon mixture into a serving bowl. Garnish, if desired. Spread on melba toast rounds or crostini.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers