I made this recipe with the spinach linguine scaloppine and while the taste was good my sauce wasn't very thick so I need to work on that but otherwise I will definitely make this again.
Sherried Mushroom Chicken Scaloppine
Wine pairing: A robust, dry, rich sherry.
Prep and cook time: About 20 minutes
Yield: Makes 4 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 349
- Calories from fat: 28%
- Protein: 36g
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated fat: 2.8g
- Carbohydrate: 16g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Sodium: 105mg
- Cholesterol: 91mg
- Basic chicken scaloppine
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 6 ounces common mushrooms, rinsed and quartered, or oyster mushrooms, rinsed and cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 1/4 cup fat-skimmed chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper
- 1. Keep basic chicken scaloppine warm in a 200° oven.
- 2. Add olive oil, mushrooms, shallots, and thyme to hot pan used to cook chicken (don't wash) and stir often over high heat until mushrooms are browned, 4 to 5 minutes. Spoon over chicken.
- 3. Add sherry, chicken broth, and cream to pan; stir until mixture is boiling. Boil, stirring occasionally, until juices are slightly reduced, 1 to 1 1/2 minutes. Spoon sauce over chicken. Sprinkle with parsley and salt and pepper to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes