I made this recipe with the spinach linguine scaloppine and while the taste was good my sauce wasn't very thick so I need to work on that but otherwise I will definitely make this again.
Sherried Mushroom Chicken Scaloppine
Wine pairing: A robust, dry, rich sherry.
Prep and cook time: About 20 minutes
Yield: Makes 4 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 349
- Calories from fat: 28%
- Protein: 36g
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated fat: 2.8g
- Carbohydrate: 16g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Sodium: 105mg
- Cholesterol: 91mg
- Basic chicken scaloppine
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 6 ounces common mushrooms, rinsed and quartered, or oyster mushrooms, rinsed and cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 1/4 cup fat-skimmed chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper
- 1. Keep basic chicken scaloppine warm in a 200° oven.
- 2. Add olive oil, mushrooms, shallots, and thyme to hot pan used to cook chicken (don't wash) and stir often over high heat until mushrooms are browned, 4 to 5 minutes. Spoon over chicken.
- 3. Add sherry, chicken broth, and cream to pan; stir until mixture is boiling. Boil, stirring occasionally, until juices are slightly reduced, 1 to 1 1/2 minutes. Spoon sauce over chicken. Sprinkle with parsley and salt and pepper to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This