This chicken salad is excellent! I've made it on several occasions, and it's always a huge hit! I tend to leave out the celery due to personal preference. Delicious on deli croissants, or for something a bit more casual serve with crackers (such as Wheat Thins or Triscuits, especially the Triscuit Thin Crisps - yum!)
Sherried Chicken-and-Grape Salad
Yield: 6 to 8 servings.Prep: 20 min.Note: Serve chicken salad in small grapefruit halves with p
- 6 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 3 cups sliced green grapes
- 1 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 3 green onions, minced
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sherry
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- Stir together all ingredients.
- Note: Serve chicken salad in small grapefruit halves with pulp removed (line grapefruit halves with leaf lettuce). Create a handle for the grapefruit with florist wire, florist tape, and small silk flowers. Bend wire to form handle, insert into citrus shell, and decorate.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note