- 1 2/3 pounds carrots (maximum 1/2 to 3/4 in. wide)
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup chopped crystallized ginger or ginger chips
- About 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon minced parsley
- Salt and pepper
- calories 244
- caloriesfromfat 23 %
- protein 1.8 g
- fat 6.1 g
- satfat 3.6 g
- carbohydrate 44 g
- fiber 6.5 g
- sodium 143 mg
- cholesterol 16 mg
How to Make It
Peel carrots, trim ends, and rinse. Melt butter in a 12- to 14-inch frying pan over medium-high heat. Add carrots in a single layer and turn as needed until browned, 8 to 10 minutes.
Add ginger, 3 tablespoons sherry, and 3 tablespoons water; mix, cover, reduce heat, and simmer until carrots are tender-crisp to bite, about 5 minutes. Stir in parsley and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Arrange carrots on a platter and scrape ginger mixture evenly over them. Add more sherry to taste.